Re: Plot buffer size

Hi Wendy,
The previous messages are correct, pointing you to ways to be
sure you aren't doing a larger calculation than you need.
But, I also want to point out that you may want to upgrade Ferret
to a more recent version. Starting with Ferret version 5.4 we removed
the limit on the plot buffer. Ferret now uses use dynamic memory
allocation and you will not run into this limitation.

Ansley Manke

Wendy Wang wrote:

Hi Ferret_users,

I try to make a contour:

yes? set memory/size=99
yes? fill u[l=@sbx:5,k=2]

the data set has the following:

name title I J K L
U Zonal Velocity 1:209 1:31 1:15 1:360

But I got

**ERROR: a program limit has been reached: 2332440 points to plot
Plot buffer size is: 495000

Could any body help? thanks in advance.

Wendy Wang