Re: DODS access to GDS GRIB files

Thank you Jennifer.

Yes indead. Pointing to the entire data set

"http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/eta/archive/eta20040209/eta1hr_00z";

instead of just the single parameter (vgrd10m)

http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/eta/archive/eta20040209/eta1hr_00z?vgrd10m

proved to be the fix.  Then I can use ferret to specify the parameter
and regional subset. The return is surprisingly fast too.

Next I need to figure out how to get just the selected parameteres
and regional subset conveyed to LAS.  My goal is to never pull down
more data than I need.  Let me struggle with it a while.

Thanks again everyone for their help.

Matt

keywords gds,grads,dods,ferret,subset,las

| Dr. Matthew K. Howard                   Voice: (979)-862-4169        |
| Department of Oceanography                FAX: (979)-847-8879        |
| Texas A&M University              Internet: mkhoward@tamu.edu        |
| College Station, TX 77843-3146      webcam: http://seawater.tamu.edu |