Re: DODS access to GDS GRIB files

On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 03:10  PM, Matt Howard wrote:

YA-Help

Thanks to Lynn deWitt who correctly wrote:
 For starters, you need quotes around the entire URL.
And to James Gallagher and Mick Spillane for suggesting I point to
the dataset without constraints and let ferret specify the subset.
(I don't know if the whole data set is moved across the net or just
the subset).
The only part that is 'moved' across the net is the subset you ask for in a display request.

I'm obviously new to LAS,GDS,Ferret, etc. So please, may I trouble
you once again. Why doesn't the following work?

yes? use
"http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/eta/archive/eta20040209/ eta1hr_00z?vgrd10m"
Try removing the "?vgrd10m" from your dataset name.

Jennifer
--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
IGES/COLA