Re: DODS access to GDS GRIB files

YA-Help

Thanks to Lynn deWitt who correctly wrote:
>  For starters, you need quotes around the entire URL.

And to James Gallagher and Mick Spillane for suggesting I point to
the dataset without constraints and let ferret specify the subset.
(I don't know if the whole data set is moved across the net or just
the subset).

I'm obviously new to LAS,GDS,Ferret, etc. So please, may I trouble
you once again. Why doesn't the following work?  Any ideas? Here
I am just trying to print out a minimal set of numbers to force
a transfere of data.

saltwater> ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v5.41
        IRIX 6.5 - 08/30/02
         9-Feb-04 13:49

yes? use
"http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/eta/archive/eta20040209/eta1hr_00z?vgrd10m";
yes? show data/full
     currently SET data sets:
    1>
http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/eta/archive/eta20040209/eta1hr_00z?vgrd10m
(default)
     ETA hourly fcst staring from 00Z09feb2004, download Feb 09 05:26 UTC
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 VGRD10M  ** 10 m v wind [m/s] (hidden)    1:700     1:500     ...       1:37
               on grid GFD1 with 9.999000E+20 for missing data
             X=0.5:700.5  Y=0.5:500.5

  time range: 1 to 37

yes? list/i=1:3/j=1:3/l=1:1 vgrd10m
 ** netCDF error:
`

| Dr. Matthew K. Howard                   Voice: (979)-862-4169        |
| Department of Oceanography                FAX: (979)-847-8879        |
| Texas A&M University              Internet: mkhoward@tamu.edu        |
| College Station, TX 77843-3146      webcam: http://seawater.tamu.edu |