Re: About Calculation of MLD from Levitus data

Hello All,
	In my earlier answer to Gaorz I said that the fact that
his definition of mixed layer depth might run into trouble in
data sparce regions or that there might be a missing value problem.
	I should have looked at the data first!  The problem of
course is due to the MLD definition - not the data.  The problem
areas are along Antarctica, Greenland,... where the temperature
profiles are not suitable to be used for defining MLD in such a
simple way.
	However a simple definition of MLD base on Density works
quite well.
	use levitus_climatology
	let zz=z[g=temp]
	let rho=rho_un(salt,temp,zz)
	let diffr=rho-rho[k=1]-1      ! MLD where rho has increased
                                      ! by one, for demo purpose only
        let mldr=diffr[z=@loc:0}
	shade mldr
Sorry for rushing to press earlier,