[ferret_users] Fit monthly climatology to daily climatology

Hi,

I have a monthly climatology data of surface currents in acsii:

 Column  1: TMON
 Column  2: U is Zonal Current (m/s)
 Column  3: V is Meridional Current (m/s)
      1.      0.0383     -0.0192
      2.      0.0034     -0.0743
      3.      0.0146     -0.0721
      4.      0.0910     -0.0234
      5.      0.1823      0.0214
      6.      0.2009      0.0188
      7.      0.1167     -0.0198
      8.     -0.0103     -0.0413
      9.     -0.0833     -0.0115
     10.     -0.0620      0.0513
     11.      0.0094      0.0864
     12.      0.0553      0.0560

I would like to map this monthly climatology data (12-mons) onto a daily climatology data (365 days) (via interpolating or curve-fitting?) and define this daily as @mod that would allow me to map it to a multi-year time axis later.

Appreciate any help.

Best,

--- Peng

Ge Peng, Ph.D

Research Scholar

Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites

North Caroline State University (CICS-NC)

Remote Sensing and Applications Division/NCDC

151 Patton Ave, suite 410

Asheville, NC 28801-5001

Ge.Peng@xxxxxxxx

Office: (828)257-3009