[las_users] RE: LAS V8.0 Show Values error with .he5 aggregation

HI Penny,

Try this in your NCML file (note I added an attribute Scaling_Equation).

  <variable name="l3m_data" shape="time lat lon">
        <attribute name="Scaling_Equation" orgName="Scaling Equation"/>
        <attribute name="valid_min" value="0.0" type="float"/>
        <attribute name="standard_name" value="sea_surface_salinity"/>
        <attribute name="units" value="psu"/>
  </variable>

I've tested it in our LAS for the
Aquarius L3 SSS SMI MONTHLY  dataset  (http://thredds.jpl.nasa.gov/las)
Select "Show Values" and I'm seeing data!

I'll be updating the rest of our Aquarius NCML configuration to include this attribute.

As far as the outlying values, why you are not seeing it in HDFView is possibly, HDFView is recognizing the valid_min = 0.0  and _FillValue=-32767.0  attributes and are being interpreted correctly.    We don't have the  "SCISM" available in our LAS nor THREDDS for me to check.. We only configured "SCI" datasets.
Not sure why LAS is not using 'valid_min' value to override the image color scale, or possibly it needs to be applied in a different way that I'm not aware of.

There is a way to use the  [Set Plot Options] -> [Color Fill Levels]  accordingly to change the color bar scale.  But this is manual.

Hope this helps some.
Rosanna.
Rosanna Sumagaysay-Aouda
Physical Oceanography DAAC