[las_users] LAS V8.0 Show Values error with .he5 aggregation

Does anyone know how to work around  the following error message?
 **ERROR: command syntax: L3M_DATA.Scaling%20Equation
          illegal character: %
SET ATT/OUTPUT L3M_DATA.Scaling%20Equation
In addition to this error, 3 of the monthly Sea Surface Salinity plots show negative values on the left side of the color scale (ex. -21475, -461.5, -0.0025) but when I view the files using HDFView, the only negative values I see are –32767.0.
The Scaling Equation is visible in the Thredds catalog:
Scaling: linear
Scaling Equation: (Slope*l3m_data) + Intercept = Parameter value
Slope: 1.0
Intercept: 0.0
_FillValue: -32767.0
scale_factor: 1.0
add_offset: 0.0
_lastModified: 2014-05-25T05:33:58Z
valid_min: 0.0
missing_value: -32767.0
standard_name: Sea_Surface_Salinity
units: psu
I used threads to aggregate eleven .he5 monthly files on a development server containing Sea Surface Salinity files and successfully produced plots and timeline plots but when I click on Show Values, I get the above error.  I also noticed that the PODAAC LAS (http://thredds.jpl.nasa.gov/las/getUI.do) which contains Sea Surface Salinity data but uses LAS 7.3 gets the following error when I click 'Show Values':
 **ERROR: variable unknown or not in data set: EQUATION
SET ATT/OUTPUT L3M_DATA.Scaling Equation
Penny Oots, SSAI, Nasa Langley, Hampton VA