[las_users] start / end of an axis as data

Hi,

Is there any way to extract the start or end of an axis as a piece of data, which I could then manipulate? I find it strange that I can use 'SHOW AXIS/XML' and the start and end appears in the output there, but the axis does not have 'start' or 'end' in its list of attributes. I can also perform, for example, 'SHOW AXIS/I=1 axisname'. That is not helpful, however, if I cannot assign the result to a variable which I can then manipulate!

Thanks in advance.

-----
Geoff Stanley

Climate Modelling Group