Re: [las_users] Can't able to plot the difference between plots

Sandip,

On 10/06/2011 01:47 AM, Sandip Ingle wrote:
Hi Dear All,

I am using LAS.V7.3. I have a problem about "Difference Mode", Its not able to plot the difference between the plots. When i clicked on Difference Mode button its giving error like "An error occurred creating your product". Please see the attached image.

Awaiting for reply..

The most common reason for this sort of failure is that the Ferret THREDDS Data Server is not properly configured.

Here are some suggestions for tracking down the problem:
  1. Verify you are running LAS v7.3 and Ferret v6.72.
  2. Look in the output directory ($TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cccr/output and find the *_debug.txt files that apply to the difference plots.  If you remove everything from the directory and try your plot again they will be easy to find with the ls -lrt command.
    1. Look in those files and see if there is a Ferret error (most likely it's a data access error of some kind).
    2. Look for the FTDS URL in the symbols in that file.  It will be a long thredds/dodsC URL with encoded characters (%2D, etc) in it.
      1. Put that URL in the browser with a .html at the end.
      2. Remove everything after and including the _expr_ of the URL and add .html at the end and try that in the browser.
      3. If one or both of these URLs fail then F-TDS is not set up correctly.  Verify you followed these steps: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/installer-documentation/installation/installing-and-integrating-tds-with-las/
    3. If it's not a data access error, then send one of the _debug.txt files to me and I can check it out.
If it's not obvious from any of those steps, sending me whatever debugging information you can from the output directory and I'll take a look.

Roland

With Warm Regards,
Sandeep Ingle,
Software Engineer,