[las_users] LAS unable to catch errors

Hi,
I have a dataset which is not being read properly by THREDDS due to some issues with the file holding the dataset. But when plotting a time-series graph involving a data point from this file, it still generates a graph. But the plot is wrong. I am not sure where LAS is getting data for this plot. As an example, choose the following dataset from http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/las/getUI.do : NODE > Archived NOAA Coral Reef Watch 25km Ocean Acidification Product Suite.... > Aggregation by year > 2000 > pH 25km

When plotting the latitude-longitude map for April with this dataset, I get an error (though the error message itself doesn't seem to be representative of the problem). But when plotting time series plot, it doesn't give any error message. But, the values in the plot are wrong. The pH values as far as I know should be between 0-14, but the plot shows that the values are between 80 and 300. You will also see that the latitude-longitude maps for all other months is fine. Apparently, the problem is occurring due to data from the month of April. LAS is not catching the problem.

The solution for me would be to replace the dataset on THREDDS with correct datasets. I just wanted to let you know anyway since LAS is not catching the problem.

Upendra