[las_users] Moving Date Windows

I was just curious, but we have datasets that have a moving window.  We
have datasets that only have the last year of data available rather than
the entire period of record because it would be much too large to store
on spinning disc.  The older data is removed (but stored on a archive
system) and the new data is appended. The window of data that is
available on spinning disc is known.

ie.) May 15th, 2009 - May 15th, 2010

LAS seems to know something is wrong.

 **ERROR: illegal limits: VVEL does not exist at T=15-JUN-2010 00:00
          Axis extremes are T=15-MAY-2009 21:00:15-MAY-2010 21:00

Is there a way that LAS can detect this and render the correct dates in
the interface?

Thanks for the input,

Phil

--
Phil Cogbill
Computer Systems Analyst, STG, Inc., Government Contractor