Re: [las_users] Adding text to the UI

Joerg,

Joerg Franke wrote:
Hi,

I want to write a comment for the user right next to the drop-down menu of the "Select time" field. In an old LAS version I managed to do that by editing the file /las/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps/las/constrains.vm. Trying the same in /las/WebContent/luis/velocity/constrain.vm is not working anymore in LAS Amstrong.

How can I do that now?

You need to make sure the changed file gets copied to you tomcat webapp directory. After editing the constrain.vm in $LAS_HOME/WebContent/luis/constrains.vm install it into your running Tomcat server by running the command "ant velocity" in your $LAS_HOME directory. You should see the change the next time you load a constrain page. If the change doesn't show, check the file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/las/constrain.vm to see if your change is there.

The "velocity" ant target available in Armstrong 1.1.1. If the ant target doesn't work you can copy the file with the "cp" command.

Roland

Cheers,
Jörg