[las_users] data for the 50000 years

Correction: In LAS 6.x I made the changes to ferret.pl which is not existing anymore in LAS Amstrong.

Hi LAS experts,

I want to manage data for the past 50000 years in the new amstrong
version of the live access server. They are 10yr averages which make
5000 timesteps in a 4D netcdf file. Now I am searching for a nice way to
adjust the "Select time" menu. In the old LAS 6.5 I manipulated
Ferrel.pl to show the timestep in the dropdown menue multiplied by 10. That worked alright, although in a time series plot I had the wrong dates at the time axis of course.

If I write a descriptor file for my netcdf data in amstrong now:
&STEPFILE_RECORD
\hspace*{2ex}   S_FILENAME         = 'PATH and name of first netCDF file'
S_AUX_SET_NUM      = 0
S_START            = 00000
S_END              = 09990
S_DELTA            = 10
S_NUM_OF_FILES     = 1
S_REGVARFLAG       = ' '
/

&STEPFILE_RECORD
S_FILENAME         = 'PATH and name of second netCDF file'\newline
S_AUX_SET_NUM      = 0
S_START            = 10000
S_END              = 19990
S_DELTA            = 10
S_NUM_OF_FILES     = 1
S_REGVARFLAG       = ' '
I manage to see the year I want to see in the dropdown menue of LAS and
also to plot lon/lat maps for every time step, but time series plots
which go beyond 9999 crash.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve that problem?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers - Jörg