Re: [las_users] Apparent problem locating data on new LAS installation

Todd Viola wrote:
Hello, I'm new to this list and am having a problem running my newly installed LAS (armstrong 0.4). It looks like something simple, and I've searched the list archives, but did not find a solution. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I got the LAS interface built and running. However when I try to generate a product using the bundled data sets, I get errors that look like this:

: non-existent or not on line;, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed
 **TMAP ERR: non-existent or not on line
Searched $FER_DESCR and $FER_DATA for coads_climatology(.des,.cdf,.nc)
SET DATA "coads_climatology"
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed

I made sure to source my ferret_paths file before configuring LAS, and I double checked that the conf/server/Ferret_config.pl file contains the correct paths. No luck.

In order to rule out a permissions problem, I moved my fer_dsets directory to a new location where I could make sure they were readable by everyone (previously I had it in a user home directory just for convenience). I configured LAS again, and confirmed the new $FER_DATA paths in conf/server/Ferret_config.pl. Still no luck.
In Armstrong Ferret_config.pl is not used by the product server to set up the Ferret environment. That information is in the FerretBackendConfig.xml file. Have a look at that file in (JavaSource/resources/ferret) and get the paths fixed up there. Then stop your server and redeploy (./stopserver.sh; ant redeploy).

Roland
I'm not sure where to go next. Thank in advance for any insights. My server is at: http://www.dataintheclassroom.org:8080/las/. It's part of a NOAA-supported education project. A colleague and I are working on curriculum for middle school which will guide teachers and students through a number of activities using real data.
Thanks,
Todd

--
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.