[las_users] "List timesteps" feature in LAS 6.5.0

Hello LASers,

In the LAS Release Notes for LAS 6.5.0 under "Other Enhancements" there's an
 item that says:
"Added new product to list timesteps for data which is on a long, irregular
time axis.  Especially good for snapshots of satellite passes."

Can anyone tell me what this feature does?  Is there any documentation on it?

If anyone has actually used it can you give me a URL or point me to where on
 your system its implemented so I can look at an example?

Thanks very much,

Ben