Re: [las_users] Make problem (mysql?)

Ben,

The error message refers to line 320 of las/xml/perl/LASServlet.pm. This line of code inserts a bunch of 'object' attributes into a database table. The error message says that MySQL cannot find the table we're trying to insert into. But LAS creates a brand new version of this table whenever you type 'make'.

I would recommend commenting out individual datset configuration references in your las.xml file (the '*&dataset_name;*' lines. to see which one causes the problem.

Is there any possibility that some of your OPeNDAP URLs are more than 255 characters long? (This is the limit although you should have gotten a different error message.)

That's all I can think of.

-- Jon

Ben Burford wrote:

Hello Folks,

When I do a make I get the following error:
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'las.config' doesn't exist at ../xml/perl/LA
SServlet.pm line 320

I'm running under LAS 6.5. My system has in-situ and satellite data and I'm
working on expanding the number of satellite data files.
The make works correctly when I have 6287 files, but I get this failure when
I expand that to 7151 files. I have 61 !ENTITY declarations in my las.xml file. The xml for the thousands of data files is combined (cancatenated) in
the 61 files identified in las.xml

Can someone explain how to investigate this error (for example, does "line 3
20" refer to a line in a Makefile? What is the name/location of the file th
at's generating this error message)?

I don't know much about mysql, just enough to do a default installation of m
ysql when I installed all the software required by LAS. Does Mysql expand t
able sizes (and other parameters) automatically? Is there a limit to the ex
pansion that can be changed? I have no idea where to go from here?

Thanks to all,

Ben