[las_users] To make some real tests of the newly configurred LAS Version 6.5.1.2

Dear All,
I have completed the configuration of the latest LAS Version 6.5.1.2 in a
RH Linux 8.0 platform.

1) Please see that at the end of the log file, I get the following.
Configuration completed succesfully

The following instructions have been written to ~las/CONFIG_INSTRUCTIONS.txt

You should add the following lines to your Apache configuration file
(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf):
        ScriptAlias  /las-bin/ /home/newlas/las/server/
        Alias /las-output/ /home/newlas/las/server/output/

After modifying this file you will need to restart your Apache server with:

  apachectl restart

You also need to start your Java servlet server with:

  ./startserver.sh

To use the proxy module to hide the Tomcat port in the URLs used to connect
to your LAS User Interface and your FDS installation, add the following to
your
Apache configuration file (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf):

        ProxyPass /las/ http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las/
        ProxyPassReverse /las/ http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las/

        ProxyPass /las-FDS http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las-FDS
        ProxyPassReverse /las-FDS http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las-FDS

You can activate the scripts to check and automatically restart the Tomcat
UI server
by running the script:

/home/newlas/las/bin/initialize_check.sh

once after you have started your Java servlet server.

You also need to a line similar to this in your crontab:

55 0-23 * * * /home/newlas/las/bin/las_ui_check.sh
I hope my configuration may be right. But I just want to double check with
the LAS user community. If anything wrong, please advise me on that.

2) Apart from this, as the log file says, I added the following lines to the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file.

root@maud conf]# diff httpd.conf httpd.conf_org
6,13d5
<
<       ProxyPass /las/ http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las/
<       ProxyPassReverse /las/ http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las/
<
<       ProxyPass /las-FDS http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las-FDS
<       ProxyPassReverse /las-FDS http://maud.cims.nyu.edu:/las-FDS
16d7

3) Then I started the Tomcat Server via the following command.

[root@maud las]# ./startserver.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/newlas/las/las_servlet/jakarta
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/newlas/las/las_servlet/jakarta
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/newlas/las/las_servlet/jakarta/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2

4) An initialization is also done via the following.

[root@maud las]# pwd
/home/newlas/las
[root@maud las]# /home/newlas/las/bin/initialize_check.sh
Initialization complete.

5) Now I want to make some real tests using COADS and Levitus
Climatological data to make sure whether this LAS is working or not.
I know many of the LAS users are aware of these tests. Can someone please
suggest me the step-by-step procedure to do this.

I would highly appreciate some useful suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance,

C. Shaji.