MySQL / Re: Trouble accessing local data

This looks to be a mismatch of the perl DBD-mysql module and the MySQL
server.

More recent versions of the MySQL database/server will not function with
older perl Mysql DB(DBI) modules.  If its an ancient version of MySQL then
the recent version of DBD-mysql-2.1017 will not talk to the MySQL
database.  Similar experience with Postgresql.

Without more information, it looks like you are trying to connect to an
old MySQL server or the server is current and the companion client package
needs to be upgraded as well.

--
Rob Cermak : 907-474-7948/7092 : FAX 907-474-7204 : PGP = 0x75869A6E
Software and Systems Engineer : Information Systems and Data Management