Problems with the Java map applet on Linux and Macs

Hi All,

Did anyone successfully get the LAS java map applet to work on Linux (Mozilla or Netscape)? It works fine on IE on windows.

I have a symbolic link for the application/x-java-vm (libjavaplugin_oji.so) in /usr/local/netscape/plugins but it doesn't seem to be enough. When I click "use map applet", it loads and I can see it for a second and then it goes back to the non-java map applet.

It's a problem because the non-java applet doesn't seem to take decimal degrees. It rounds off to the nearest whole degree.

Thanks,
Jerome.

PS: It doesn't seem to work on Macs either....could someone explain to me how Mac users get java applets to work? What are the symbolic link to create?