Question about negative longitude values in DB

Hi,

I'm using a database to store non-gridded data and I've run into a problem with negative values for longitude. When I'm searching for data withing a bounded region, say -122 to -124, LAS translates that boundary to 238 to 236. When the query is sent to the database, the database doesn't do this translation, so the database query returns an empty set.

My question is, can I configure LAS to work with negative values for lat/lon, or do I need to transfer them all to positive values before putting them in the DB? It's not a big deal to add 360 to the all the negative values, but I'd really like them to be as close to exactly the way they were coming out of their source file.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew C. Chase
Software Engineer