Re: Longitude weirdness

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Joe McLean wrote:

> Steve,
>
> What does your XML file x-axis definition look like?

Hi Joe,

Here is what I have in the las.xml file.  There are no entries for
latitude or longitude in the <datasets><variables> section.

     <grids>
      <mf1_11b_19990515_nc_longitude_latitude_grid>
       <link match="/lasdata/axes/mf1_11b_19990515_nc_longitude"/>
       <link match="/lasdata/axes/mf1_11b_19990515_nc_latitude"/>
      </mf1_11b_19990515_nc_longitude_latitude_grid>
     </grids>
     <axes>
      <mf1_11b_19990515_nc_longitude units="degrees" type="x">
       <v>20.140625
       </v>
       <v>20.421875
       </v>
       <v>20.703125
       </v>
	.
	.
	.

The nc header looks like:

dimensions:
        longitude = 1280 ;
        latitude = 896 ;
        z = 20 ;

variables:
        float longitude(longitude) ;
                longitude:units = "degrees" ;
                longitude:modulo = " " ;
        float latitude(latitude) ;
                latitude:units = "degrees" ;
	.
	.
	.

> Is your NetCDF longitude coordinate variable set to modulo?

I've tried it both with modulo=" " and without.  When modulo=" " is
specified, the las.xml file doesn't reflect it.  I've tried hand entering
in the modulo=" " on the line above like:

     <axes>
      <mf1_11b_19990515_nc_longitude units="degrees" type="x" modulo=" ">

but it doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Since this dataset is on a rectilinear grid the latitude and longitude
variables are just 1D.  I assume this is the way it should be.  I'm used
to working with 2D vars for these so I'm not positive if I have the netCDF
part looking ok in this case.

Thanks for your help,

Steve