Re: changing session timeout

Joe,

This is configurable from the servlet configuration file in las/las_servlet/etc/web.xml. I haven't tried this myself, so if you do try this, please let other users know if it works.

The steps should be:

1) Add the timeout info to the web.xml file between the <web-app></web-app> tags:

<session-config>
   <session-timeout>30</session-timeout> <!-- 30 minutes -->
</session-config>

2) Regenerate the WAR file. From las/las_servlet run:

ant dist

3) Rerun the configure script

The longer the time out, the more resources that will be consumed by the servlet container as old session info won't be garbage collected by the JVM. If the timeout is sent to infinity, the servlet container will eventually run out of memory.