Ignored Parameters [was Re: memory error]

Upgrading ferret has fixed the memory problem -- yippee!

However, I would like to pursue another issue. It seems that certain ferret properties in my LAS XML configuration file are being ignored. The memsize property is one (though this seems less important now) and do_contour is another.

According to http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Documentation/v5_installation.html#Customizing_LAS do_contour should be set to 1 to turn off contours(!), but I have found that setting this parameter to either 0 or 1 has no effect. I've achieved a work-around by adding the contour_levels property like so:

<contour_levels>(-99999, -99998, 1)</contour_levels>

Cheers,

Mark

Joe Sirott wrote:

Upgrade to ferret v5.40. Previous versions of Ferret had a fixed limit on
the amount of memory that could be allocated for graphics. That was removed
in v5.40