Re: Out of memory in LAS

Mark,

Look in the logs to make sure that Ferret didn't complaining about
setting this memory size.  If Ferret cannot allocate the memory you
request it reverts to the previous setting.  The default is a very
parsimonious 3.2 Megawords.  Note that the success or failure of memory
allocation depends upon fluctuating cpu resources and may vary with
time.

Why don't you try just starting up Ferret and trying to look at the data
in question.  You can play with the SET MEM/SIZE= command to see how
much memory you really need rather than always trying for the maximum.

-- Jon