Comparison Plots of Two Different Variables

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the comparison option on LAS.
It works fine in some comparisons such as:
- compare the same variable of the same dataset at different times
- compare one variable from dataset 1 to a different variable of dataset 2

But when I try to compare two different variables in the same dataset I get the
following error:

 Adding an acceptable error string: "*** NOTE: ".
      NOAA/PMEL TMAP
      Program FERRET
      Version 5.22 - 07/27/00
       9-Jan-02 09:24

 yes? cancel mode verify
 yes? cancel mode interp
 yes? canc data/all
 yes? go std_initialize "/modcom/kovach/POSEIDON/PACIFIC/3D/POSEIDON_PACIFIC_3d"
"1" "1" "salinity"
  *** NOTE: Units on axis "TIME" are not recognized: mon_julian
  *** NOTE: They will not be convertible:
  *** NOTE: Coordinates out of order or missing on axis TIME at subscript 7
  *** NOTE: A dummy axis of subscripts will be used
 yes? go std_initialize "/modcom/kovach/POSEIDON/PACIFIC/3D/POSEIDON_PACIFIC_3d"
"2" "2" "temperature"
  **ERROR: unknown data set: d=2
 define grid/like=temperature var2_grid_
 Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

Any suggestions in where the problem may be?

Robin
kovach@mohawk.gsfc.nasa.gov