Re: about etoponnn.cdf

Hi Hiajun -

You can get the high resolution togopraphy data in one of two ways.
First, if you are running ferret v5.0beta1, then you can use DODS to
access the data via our DODS data server.  To do this, in Ferret you
would give the command:

yes? use "http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/etopo5.cdf";

This is a rather large dataset, so for efficiency sake you should only
access what you need.  Coming in Ferret v5.1 will be the ability to
"stride" through such large datasets much more efficiently.

The second way to obtain the etopo5 dataset is to access it via
anonymous ftp at:

	ftp://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/pub/data/etopo5.cdf.Z

If you have other questions, let me know.

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Brien			kobrien@pmel.noaa.gov
206-526-6751                    NOAA/PMEL/TMAP/JISAO