[no subject]

Hi, Dear Ferret Users,

I am a beginner of ferret, and having some problems
while using it. Hope someone can give me some help.
Thanks!

I want to transfer my data to NETCDF form in order to
let ferret to recognize it and make graphs. The data
are generated by HOPE model, and ploted with GrAds before.

Firstly, I write a CDL file, then use ncgen to generate
the fortran code with all the description of variables.
Then adding the read and write data parts into it. I
think the reading parts are right because I print it out
just before using nf_put_var_real(ncid,***_id,***).
And the description are also right. I use another problem
to read the attributes and definitions of the output
.nc netcdf file, they can be read out and is right also.

But the problem is:
the ferret can not recognize the output .nc data. The
message is: improper ordering data, use the default
ordering. Then I can not plot it. I don't know why.
It seems the data in it are wrong, or something like
base byte are different.

Then I find that ferret can also read the binary data.
But my data is rather complicant:

 the structure is as below:

   do i,j,k
    x1(i,j,k)
   enddo
    do t=1,12
      do i,j,k
       x2(i,j,k)
       x3(i,j,k)
      enddo
      do i,j
        x4(i,j)
        x10(i,j)
      enddo
    enddo
   i-->1:72,  j-->1:43,  k-->1:12

 I mean there are 3-dimension and 2 dimension data in it,
all are time serials except the first one.

I know ferret can use command like:
  file/format=stream/skip=***/grid=***/var=***  ***.dat
But the example in ferret_guide is one-dimension, can it be
used to read multi-dimension data? How to do it?

My question is somewhat troublesome.
Thank you for any help and suggestion.

yours,
Kun Yang

Kun Yang,   Researching Assistant
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M Uni. College Station
Mailing Addr:     806F, Oran Circle, Bryan, TX, 77801
Tel:  (409)-268-0963 (h), (409)-845-3238 (o)
Email addr:    yangk@ocean.tamu.edu; yangk@netease.com