modify some points in a variable

Not being a Ferret expert, I have been stuck on that one for a while, and
I just can't seem to find an answer from the manual.

I have a 3D variable, from a netcdf file I get from a ocean model output.
I would like to manually set the value of that variable  to a specific
numerical value for all the points for one of the vertical level, but
keep the other levels equal to their original values.

Sounds simple.  But is there a simple way to do it inside ferret?
I just can't seem to think of one.

Thanks for your help

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille    (daniel@sequoia.atmos.berkeley.edu)
Center for Atmospheric Sciences, University of California at Berkeley