[ferret_users] Checking the argument in Go script

I have a very simple question.  I want to check the value of arguments in GO scripts, e.g. $1 $2 and so on when a program is running.

If I include the command QUERY $1 in a GO script the value is returned to the terminal but the program stops.  If in the other hand I include the commend QUERY/IGNORE the program runs OK but I get no message.  Is there a way to get my scripts to return the values of the arguments in the GO scripts without causing the program to stop?  I need this to help with some debugging.

Thanks

Mark