Re: [ferret_users] pyferret on remote machine not plotting

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your reply.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 3:36 PM <Patrick.Joeckel@xxxxxx> wrote:
indeed, I have the same problem.
In step 3, the shade opens the window, but it remains empty.

In my case, I don't even see the window.

Is there a solution for this?
My remote machine is a Linux-bluster (CentOS Linux 7 ).

PyFerret v7.5 on our CentOS server doesn't have this problem.  I haven't tried v7.6, yet, on Linux machines.

What is your PyFerret version?  Does it work correctly if you log in to the machine directly (not via SSH)?  What is your local machine?

macOS's X11 server (XQuartz) is said to have persistent problems of mising windows . . . so PyFerret v7.6 might be hitting such a problem.

My ability to test it is limited because I (still) work from home and I have only one machine here.

Cheers,
Ryo