[ferret_users] from gridded fields to point data in 4D

Dear Ferreters,

  I would like to interpolate 3D gridded model output with a time dimension to vertical profiles sample during different times. For surface output, I have been using the grid-changing function SAMPLEXYT, but now I need to interpolate also in the vertical. Is there a function such as SAMPLEXYZT? Or SAMPLEXYZ so that I can use SAMPLET_DATE afterwards? Alternatively, could you guide me a bit on how to treat the vertical dimension? I tried a bunch of things without much success.

  I will really appreciate any tip you could give me, at any rate.

  Thanks,

Mariona Claret
Research Associate
JISAO, University of Washington