[ferret_users] significance of composite analysis using monte carlo randomization technique

Dear Ferrets,

I am struggling for the significance test of composite analysis e.g. I selected few co-occured ENSO-IOD events lets say 1997-98 is a ENSO-IOD event so I made my composite from MAM(0) (elnino starting season) till JJA(+1) elnino terminating season. I want to do the significance analysis as mentioned by Terray et.al. in this paper in appendix A. I have selected Co-occured event based on ENSO and IOD index.

Shall I get some help for this significance analysis with ferret. I have gone through RANDU and RANDN function as mentioned but not confident enough how to use them to create the statistics of co-occured events of ENSO-IOD and repeat this procedure lets say 1000 times.

Any help will be appreciated to solve this statistical trouble.

regards, saurabh

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434