[ferret_users] transect wrong direction of label

Hello,

I am plotting a roughly zonal transect from ORCA2 gridded data.
The x-coordinate is negative everywhere and monotonically increasing.
When I do the plot, I get labels like

    150°E  140°E  130°E

but it should be

    150°W  140°W  130°W

or I would also settle for the equivalent

   -150°E -140°E -130°E

This is the setup:

yes? list/i=1:3 TransLon,TransLat
             X: 0.5 to 3.5
 Column  2: TRANSLAT is TRANS_LAT[D=COORDS_GP16.CSV]
       TRANSLON  TRANSLAT
1   / 1:  -152.0  -10.50
2   / 2:  -150.0  -10.25
3   / 3:  -147.5  -10.77

yes? define axis/X/units=degrees_east MyAxis=TransLon
yes? let TrOnTransect = Reshape( Tr_sampled, X[GX=MyAxis] + Z[GZ=Tr[d=1]] )
yes? shade TrOnTransect

I was able to replace E for W by using units=degrees_west, but I
couldn't change it back: it would still display °W.  That is my goal,
but the problem seems that axis definitions are sometimes persistent or
something.  I can, e.g., also not cancel an axis when it is used by a
grid.  Could that be the reason?

Furthermore, I do not understand why MyAxis is always labeled with
positive numbers, even though the TransLon elements are negative.

Marco

--
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et l'Environnement (LSCE)
http://www.lsce.ipsl.fr/Pisp/marco.van-hulten/

Tel: +31 (0)30 711 6109 (Utrecht)