Re: [ferret_users] ppl shakey and Pyferret - bug

Hi Karen,
You're right, this is a bug.  The key labeling is set up to compute the longest length of all of the labes, and right-justify them, but it is not getting the horizontal positioning correct when the labels are large.  This is the case for both PyFerret and Ferret, when using SHAKEY to change the size.

In PyFerret, you can use SET TEXT to control the size and other characteristics of labels:
> pyferret
yes? set text/font=arial
yes? set text/font=arial/isiz=4 cbar
yes? shade/i=1:10/j=1:30 i*j*1000
I didn't put the plot in the viewport; it's attached.

A summary of commands for PyFerret is in this document:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/pyferret/pyferret-quick-start-notes

Since we're on the topic, SHAKEY is still the only way to control things like the label spacing, or to customize the length or location of the key, but the plot commands have one or two newer qualifiers that will do some things that used to be doable only using SHAKEY, such as /KEY=horizontal (this is the case for both Ferret and PyFerret).

-Ansley