[ferret_users] spatial smoothing with unequal sized grid cells

Hello,

I would like to smooth my results of an ocean variable spatially. The variable is on a high-resolution curvilinear grid and I would like the grid to remain the same; however, I would like a smoothing of the variable by looking at values in a (say 3x3) box around every point. The expressions @SBX, @SBN, etc., note that they are for equally spaced axes.

Can this be done?

Many thanks,

Paul

--