Re: [ferret_users] spatial smoothing with unequal sized grid cells

Hi Paul,
Ferret doesn't have tools to do anything like that taking into account the curvilinear grid.

You could apply one of the smoothing transformations you mention,  and the mechanics of the operation would work fine, but it would be applying the smoothing in index space. As in the case of an irregularly-spaced rectilinear grid, the results wouldn't be consistent with applying an operation over ranges of longitude/latitude.

-Ansley