Re: [ferret_users] irregular time axis

I know TWO ways to do it, Chinnu, but neither might be the BEST way....

Add the missing dates to your ascii file with bad data values in them. Time consuming, but it would work. Example:

      DATE      DATA
15-jan-1952       -1
15-feb-1952       -1
15-mar-1952       -1
15-apr-1952       -1
15-may-1952       -1
15-jun-1952       -1
15-jul-1952       -1
15-aug-1952       -1
15-sep-1952    10
15-oct-1952    11
15-nov-1952    12
15-dec-1952    12
15-jan-1953       -1
15-feb-1953       -1
15-mar-1953       -1
15-apr-1953       -1
15-may-1953       -1
15-jun-1953       -1
15-jul-1953       -1
15-aug-1953       -1
15-sep-1953    13
15-oct-1953    14
15-nov-1953    15
15-dec-1953    -1

.
.
.
15-oct-2007         -1
15-nov-2007       1,123
15-dec-2007        -1

Another way to do it, is to define an irregular time axis - per this post: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2012/msg00267.html

You would have to convert your dates to, call it TIME STEPS. There is a ferret function to do this DAYS1900. I refer you to the post above which details the procedure.

Mark Verschell