Re: [ferret_users] double quote in label?

Hi Ryo,
The syntax you showed,
yes? fill/x=0:10/y=0:10 x+y
yes? label/user 5, 5,0,0,0.75,double \"quote
is actually the right way to do this.  Try adding another label without the quotes:
yes? fill/x=0:10/y=0:10 x+y
yes? label/user 5, 5,0,0,0.75,double \"quote
yes? label/user 5, 7,0,0,0.75,double quote
You'll see that everything lines up. The double-quote text just doesn't quite look centered in its space, but perhaps that's because they are drawn at an angle.  The two single quotes looks the same to me (continuing on the same plot):
yes? label/user 5, 3,0,0,0.75,@DRdouble''''quote
I don't think a typesetter would say two single quotes is necessarily the same as a double quote, but depending on the font they may be drawn the same way. With the font you show in your example I think that is the case. (Possibly it's true for all of Ferret's fonts; I have not checked.)  If they look right, that's what's important isn't it?

Ansley