Re: [ferret_users] if then masking inconsistency

Hi-
IF returns false for both missing-data and a value of zero. It looks like you have a valid value of zero here. We introduced IFV in Ferret v6.71 to distinguish between the two cases, and avoid what you are seeing. That's described in the documentation, and here,
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/release-notes/version-6-7-1-release-notes

If you can't upgrade to a more recent version of Ferret you could design a mask that looks specifically for values of zero in your data field.

Ansley