[ferret_users] How to index a new variable?

Hello,

I want to calculate the resolution on satellite images and need to index new variables, but I can't go through...
To learn the syntax, I tried with a simple vector (from 1 to 10), and then made a loop to create a new vector, as follows:

define axis/x=1:10:1 xax
let array = x[gx=xax]
repeat/i=2:10:1 (\
let array_1  IF I[GX=array] EQ `i` THEN (array[i=`i`]-array[i=`i-1`]); list array, array_1)
list array, array_1

             X: 0.5 to 10.5
 Column  1: ARRAY is X[GX=XAX]
 Column  2: ARRAY_1 is IF I[GX=ARRAY] EQ 10 THEN (ARRAY[I=10]-ARRAY[I=9])
           ARRAY  ARRAY_1
1    /  1:   1.00    ....
2    /  2:   2.00    ....
3    /  3:   3.00    ....
4    /  4:   4.00    ....
5    /  5:   5.00    ....
6    /  6:   6.00    ....
7    /  7:   7.00    ....
8    /  8:   8.00    ....
9    /  9:   9.00    ....
10   / 10:  10.00   1.000

The problem is that the new variable only gets the last value of the loop. Please, would someone help?

Thanks!
Paula Lamosa Nunes