Re: Fwd: [ferret_users] time axis

Hi-
1. The commands

let im=600  ! no of longitudes points (not longitude values)
let jm=375  ! no. of lalitude points (not latitude vales)
let tm=12   ! no. of month points

are not necessary, but they would let you use the script in a more general way for other datasets if you used them further down when defining the axes:

define axis/x=1:`im`:1 xindex
define axis/y=1:`jm`:1 yindex
define axis/T=1:`tm`:1 time
define grid/x=xindex/y=yindex/T=time xyt_grid

2. No, you can't take a slice of data at a given y using curvilinear plot commands.  You would need to define a set of points along the Y line and use the SAMPLEXY_CURV function to pick out points along that line.  See the documentation for SAMPLEXY_CURV

3. The choice of SHADE or FILL is up to you.  SHADE fills in each grid cell with the associated color, so it is useful for seeing the characteristics of the grid.  Fill does some interpolation to make smooth contours.

Ansley