Re: [ferret_users] a paletter with only red (pink) and blue and white centered

Hi Chaojiao,

| I am looking for an alternative to the standard white_centered
| palette with a gradual increase to red (or dark pink) with positive
| values, and gradual increase to dark blue with negative values, no
| green, and white centered. Hopefully it is of publication standard
| as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a few that you might like.  See below.
Billy Kessler points out the white in the center
may not be a good idea because you can't distinguish
it from missing values.  Taking his idea, I also
created a blue -> gray -> red palette.

I use dark blue and dark red at the low and high ends.
You might want to eliminate those parts.

Ryo
--------------------------------
! r_b.spk
! dark blue -> blue -> white -> red -> dark red
!
   0       0  20  40
  20       0  50 100
  30      45  70 100
  44      90  90 100
  44.001 100 100 100
  55.999 100 100 100
  56     100  90  90
  70     100  45  45
  80     100   0   0
 100      40   0   0

! r_b_gray.spk
! dark blue -> blue -> gray -> red -> dark red
!
   0       0  20  40
  20       0  50 100
  30      45  70 100