Re: [ferret_users] statistical significance, file reading

Hi -
Any expression inside grave accents must evaluate to a scalar. Other than that, it's hard to answer a question like this. You need to give more details.

When developing a script, it is helpful to LIST individual parts of the expression you are trying. That should allow you to see what the result of your definitions are and figure out what you need to do.

Ansley

nuncio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to do a statistical significance test using ferret. I made 3 files for this purpose, one the degrees of freedom (dof) for a region, second one is the t-values(tval) and the third one is the t-table with dimensions of significance levels(x) and degrees of freedom (y axis). Now I want to find the significance levels from the third file based on the values in the first two files. I tried it this way, use dof file
use t value file
use t table file
let signif=pp[d=3,y=`dof[d=1]`,x=@loc:`tvalue[d=2]`]
ferret gives an error 'grave evaluates to scalar'
Is there anyother way to do it
Thanks nuncio