[ferret_users] plot/vs with many colours

Hello,

Is it possible to use more than seven colours when plotting two
variables with respect to each other.

I would like to do a PLOT/VS where the colour depends on another
variable, thus I have something like the following:

plot/vs/over/color=`depth` lon,lat

I can rescale the COLOR value so that its range lies between .5 and 6.5,
giving me black, red, green, blue, lightblue and purple.  However, I
would like to have a more or less continous transit between the colors,
similarly to the result of the SHADE command.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Marco van Hulten

--
Please, only send plain text messages and open specification documents
to me.  Do not toppost, because that breaks the flow of information.