Re: [ferret_users] plot/vs with many colours

Hi Marco,
Yes, you can get more than 7 colors for line plots. See
  SET MODE LINECOLORS

But you might more readily do this with polygons.  The script  polymark.jnl was designed for exactly the kind of thing you want to do; coloring dots by the value of a third variable.  For an example, try
yes? go/help polymark
Ansley

Marco van Hulten wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to use more than seven colours when plotting two
variables with respect to each other.

I would like to do a PLOT/VS where the colour depends on another
variable, thus I have something like the following:

plot/vs/over/color=`depth` lon,lat

I can rescale the COLOR value so that its range lies between .5 and 6.5,
giving me black, red, green, blue, lightblue and purple.  However, I
would like to have a more or less continous transit between the colors,
similarly to the result of the SHADE command.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Marco van Hulten