Re: [ferret_users] aline colors

Hi Derek
The command
ppl color n,r,g,b
will change the color of the given pen number to the red,green,blue colors you give it.  So the trick is to change a pen you're not going to otherwise use, to gray.  If I'm not going to have any red lines, then I can say
ppl color,2,70,70,70
which will make that pen gray.

To mark a grid on your plot, an easier way than ALINE is to use the /GRATICULE qualifier on your plot command.  (See the on-line demo of this http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/Demos/graticules/graticules_demo.html)

You might do:
yes? use coads_climatology
yes? ppl color 2,70,70,70
yes? FILL/GRAT=(color=2) sst[L=1]
If this is not what you want, there are also other scripts for drawing grid lines at all the coordinate values. To see details of a couple of these try
yes? go/help gridlines

yes? go/help gridxy
and for a complete list of these scripts,  the Unix command

>Fgo grid  (some are for other purposes, but you'll be able to see that from the listing.)

Derek Tsui wrote:
Dear Ferret Users,

I am trying to draw grid lines using ppl aline, however I can't seem to control the line colors. I am trying to get a grey line color. I've looked at ppl pen and ppl color but was unable to find such color. Does anyone have any idea how I can draw grey grid lines?

Thanks,
Derek