[ferret_users] [ferret users] future of ferret & netcdf-4

Hi,
I'm beginning to use netcdf-4, for me through the python interface. I'm wondering what are
the future plans for ferret and builds incorporating netcdf-4? Personally many of the nice new
features of netcdf-4 may not be all that appealing if the files cannot be read directly by ferret.
Having to preprocess netcdf-4 files to make them "ferretable" would also be inefficient. I suspect
these considerations will be of great interest to the upcoming CMIP5 activity and for those who
actively rely on ferret to check and analyse that data before and during submission.
Thanks,
Mark.