[ferret_users] calculation of cyclonic heat potential using ferret

Dear all,

I am a new user of ferret. I am now trying to find out the cyclonic heat potential of bay of bengal.  I am using the levitus climatology.  I have found out the depth of 26 degree isotherm.  Now I want to integrate temperature from surface to the depth where temperature is 26 degree.  The problem is that at different grid points, the depth value is different  How can I solve this problem.

Equation for calculation of chp is  (rho*Cp*integral z1 to z0 Tbar), where z0 is the depth at which temperature is 26 degree.

Thanks in advance

regards.....
Praveen

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.