[ferret_users] Polar ice

Good morning,

I need to plot ice concentration in the polar regions (both north pole and
south pole regions) using GFDL/CM2.1 ice output file. The ice
concentration variable, CN, has an index of I,J,K,L. I would like to plot
CN[K=@sum] for all given L. The figure should look like the Stereographic
North in mp_demo.

The data field is already on the conventional evenly spaced grid from its
original tri-polar grid. I have tried to do the plots using the method
described in mp_demo for the Stereographic North plot (see the script
below) and got the following error message:

**ERROR: inconsistent sizes of data regions; x axis of X position array

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

--- Peng

use 01010101.ice_month.nc
go mp_stereographic_north
go margins .2, .6, .2, .2
set region/x=0:360/y=0:90
shade/nolab/noaxes/key cn[k=@sum,l=3],x_page,y_page

go mp_graticule 0 360 30 0 90 15
label/nouser `($PPL$XLEN)*0.5`,-0.4,0,0,.20 Stereographic North
 !-> PPL %LABEL/nouser 2.4335,-0.4,0,0,.20 Stereographic North
go mp_fland 120 gray